Jivan, eight years old, September 2011
2. Morning cuddles—I've created a little cuddle monster!
3. When Jivan randomly shares a bit of information with me, something I clearly taught him. His reinterpretation is too cute and lets me know I'm doing my job.
4. Singing together in the car on long drives
5. Watching Jivan and Victor play together—I mean REALLY play like puppies
6. When Victor and I kiss, Jivan makes the cutest sad face because he wants in! He runs over to us, jumps into our arms, and says 'family kiss!'"
Artwork on Jivan's wall spells out his name, which means 'life' in Sanskrit
2. Favorite part about growing up in Brooklyn: "All my friends are here."3. Favorite food: "Steak—I'm a major carnivore! Broccoli for veggies, and Franny's pizza."
4. Favorite thing to do with your mom/dad: "Playing sports with daddy, reading every night with mommy."
On Athena: dress from Reformation
We're currently obsessed with reading the Harry Potter books together.
We love playing Rummy 500 and card games called Ruckus, Set, and Five Crowns."
That said, it's also so important for Victor and I to create date nights and bath nights together whenever we can. No one is going to create intimate time for us so we make sure to carve that time out of our busy schedules."
Organic bedding from West Elm
Skateboard found on eBay through a vintage surf shop in California