Lowe, five, and Valentine, two-and-a-half, January 2012
2. Playing superheros (and taking it seriously), and any dance costume parties (animal masks required).
3. Hutson Salon Day: we apply temporary tattoos, paint rainbow nails (Val likes a superhero palette for fingers and toes), and, on special days, we dye Lowe’s hair pink.
4. When Lowe takes Polaroids until the film runs out. She’s a better photographer than me.
5. Chocolate-chip pancake Sundays. I am now required to make each one no larger than one inch."
6. Friday movie night—we take it seriously. The living room must be built out of every bit of fluff in the house, it has to be very dark, with lots of popcorn and candy."
Dress from F.A.O Schwarz
2. Favorite part about growing up in Brooklyn: “I like Brooklyn, but I lived in Manhattan before Val was born. I like Manhattan. Brooklyn is good because I can walk to the park.”
3. Favorite food: “Rice with soy sauce”
4. Favorite things to do with mom/dad: “All games, movie night, mazes with mom, and presents.”
5. “Favorite music: “I like Devender [Devendra Banhart]. Mommy plays it and I dance. I like fast music."
Wonder Woman costume from New York Costumes
On Christina: Prada sweater
Click here for similar styles
Bedding from Urban Outfitters
Glass jars, which Christina fills with toys the kids aren't currently playing with
On Valentine: Petit Bateau top
On Christina: vintage caftan