Anaïs Vida, two, July 2012
2. Being in nature—taking long drives out of the city in our car with the family and visiting the forest or the ocean.
3. Watching her in the car with wind in her face
4. Anaïs putting on my clothes and finding her own way to wear things"
Tassel over the bed: Bought in the desert in Jodhpur, India. The tassels normally adorn the trucks in the area for good luck. They are believed to ward off the evil eye.
2. Favorite food: "Mac and cheese"
3. Favorite thing to do with your mom: "Sing songs and dance"
Vintage dress from Brimfield antique fair
Snakeskin-print dress: "I got this at Narnia, my favorite vintage store in the city, owned by Molly Spaulding, one of my closest friends."
On Maryam: vintage dress from Narnia
Woven basket: a gift from Maryam's friend Leana, the designer of Electric Feathers
Hat designed by Maryam's friend, Sonia Boyajian
Vintage turn of the century curio case bought in a Pennsylvania antique store, boat from Brimfield antique fair
Netto changing table, vintage green table won at auction
Wall hanging: vintage quilt from Rajasthan
Necklace bought in Peru