Grayson, three, January 2011
1. "I developed a love for perfume once I had my daughter. I'd worn Egyptian musk oil since I was 12 and was never ever into perfume—now I'm obsessed!
2. Fresh flowers remind me that I’m an adult, amidst all of the toys.
3. Find a great scarf and wear it so it's handy while you’re nursing or even to tie your baby up in a sling. When you're a new mom, you’re kind of like a nomad when you leave the house.
4. Buy a small purse to keep all of your personal items in, and use a cute cotton tote for the baby’s needs. Totes work great for men, too.
5. I try to take the time I get to myself and use it well. On the weekends, I take an extra long bath."
Drapey Tops: “I love Raquel Allegra because her tops allow for a lot of room to grow but sort of form to your body so you look like you still have a shape. I’ll be wearing more and more of this sort of thing in the coming months."
Super Low Rise Jeans with a Button-Fly: “Just button the bottom ones and use a hairband to thread through the top button hole and catch the button. Your jeans should get you through your fifth month at least, then just size up. Most women don't go right back to their original body right after their baby is born so these will definitely come in handy. My favorites are by Rick Owens."
"I started a whole new skincare regimen once I became a mother. Eye cream, and great day and night cream. I realized I needed to reel it in and start behaving a little more like an adult. I love Melvita’s Bio Excellence day and night cream.
Use your natural glow to your advantage and reduce the amount of make-up you wear while pregnant. The most radiant you will ever be is during pregnancy so don't waste your time covering it with make-up. When you become a mommy, make-up becomes last on your list; the quick application of foundation and under eye concealer is key. Then, all you need is basic blush, lip moisturizer, and mascara.
I like Laura Mercier mascara because it goes a long way. You won't find the time to shop for make-up like you used to so get the good stuff that lasts."
Leather Pants: “I took the skinny waistband off of these Les Chiffonieres leggings and replaced it with a wider band to make them into maternity pants. If leather pants are your style, and you’re afraid you can’t do it anymore once you get pregnant and become a mom, just adjust them. It’s what I do all the time. The leather kind of holds you in a little."
Show Off Your Belly and Your Boobs!: “It's OK once you're into your second trimester to really work the curves. I love old vintage band T-shirts that run a little small. A hint of cleavage is really sexy on a pregnant woman. Try to get into the earth mother look—it doesn't last so enjoy it while it does."
Sexy Bras with Great Straps: “If you're like me and you jumped numerous bra sizes overnight, you will have to buy new bras. Don't buy the maternity ones yet, you will wear those plenty if you nurse. Find ones with good support and pretty straps that still make you feel sexy."
Bensimon (for shoes)
Appaman (for their winter puffer jacket)
Sophie the Giraffe (for teething)
Little Peanut skirt
The moon on Grayson's wall lights-up according to the eight phases